I am a mental health therapist who trained originally as an Occupational Therapist. I then went on to do additional training in many mental health systems, this includes in Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR), Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Mindfulness Integrated CBT (MiCBT) and other mindfulness based therapies.
I have worked both individuals and groups including Dealing with Distress Groups which is based on DBT, and Circle of Security Groups of which is a parenting attachment group.
My work has been both in the public system in mental health for approximately 17 years and in private primary care mental health counselling part time for the last 7 years approximately.
I have worked with maternal mental health issues and general psychiatry and also working with woman in corrections facilities who suffer from trauma and issues with regulating emotions. I also worked in London for a time as a CBT therapist in primary mental health.
It is both brave and wise to look at ourselves and attempt to come to a place of greater understanding, with greater acceptance and peace.
My intention is to help people as fully as I can, to gain the insight skills and support they need to continue to make life as fulfilling as is possible.
I wish you well on this journey.
- Degree in Occupational Therapy 1996
- Post Graduate certificate in CBT 2005
- EMDR training (levels 1, 2 and 3) 2014
- MiCBT training advanced 2016
- Yoga teacher training certificate 2003
Registration and Accreditation
- Occupational Therapy Board Registered NZ
- Currently in process of applying for accreditation with EMDR Australia Association.
Areas I specialize in
- Anxiety, Depression, managing issues with emotional regulation, PTSD and Trauma.
- $160 for one hour session therapy.
- $120 for individual mental health yoga therapy (yoga and mindfulness).
For further information or enquiries please contact me on email@example.com