I am a New Zealand-trained Registered Clinical Psychologist, with a PhD in Psychology and have been working as a Clinical Psychologist since 2010. I also completed Mindfulness Teacher Training at Bangor University, Wales in 2013. I am a full member of the New Zealand College of Clinical Psychologists and the New Zealand Association of Positive Psychology.
Before retraining as a psychologist in my 40’s, I worked for a major bank in NZ and raised my family of three.
My aim is to provide a safe and compassionate space where we can explore and understand the challenges you face. We will work together to develop ways for you to move forward in a practical and meaningful way. I use evidence-based therapies including Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), Compassion Focused Therapy (CFT), Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) and Mindfulness based practices.
Areas of Specialisation
I work with adults (over 18 years) who are experiencing,
- Work related challenges (e.g., work stress, burnout, redundancy, retirement, work life balance)
- Other problems in their lives (e.g., relationship difficulties, loss and grief, life transitions, behaviours they would like to change)
- Mental health difficulties (e.g., anxiety, depression)
- To thrive in their life (e.g., to be more fulfilled, more able to be at their best).
Over the past 10 years’ I have also worked extensively with the corporate sector supporting professionals to successfully navigate today’s fast paced and highly demanding environment.
I support people to enhance their professional development by,
- Identifying any barriers to well-being,
- Determining what is working well and areas for improvement (e.g, managing challenging conversations and workplace relationships)
- Identifying and working towards their values. To develop a growing awareness of who they are when at their best in both their professional and personal lives.
Making an Appointment
I like to talk with people briefly before making an appointment. This call lets you get a sense of who I am and also gives me a chance to figure out if I have the skills and capacity to help. If I don’t think I’m the right person I’ll let you know who I think might be able to help. Please email me your name, phone number, and a brief description of what you would like to work on together, and I will contact you to make a time to talk.
I offer in-person sessions at various Auckland locations as well as online via Zoom, Skype and others from Tuesday to Thursday.
My fee for private referrals is $230.00 (incl GST) for each 50-60 min session. For referrals through an organisation please contact me for further details.
My contact details are:
Mob: 027 452 6966