Amanda Perry - Fillan Healthcare

Amanda Perry

Amanda PerryMy name is Amanda Perry, and I am a registered Counsellor working in West Auckland.  I hold full membership with the New Zealand Association of Counsellors, and I am a qualified and registered teacher.  I am currently working part time in private practice and I have several counselling contracts with several Auckland Primary Health Organisations (PHOs).  In my other work I am a lecturer and I am involved with e-health (online counselling).  I am also completing my PhD in this online mental health.

I have worked in a secondary school as a Guidance Counsellor, where I was able to develop skills in working with adolescents.  I am working towards the completion of a Postgraduate Certificate in Therapeutic Play Skills which will better equip me to use Play Therapy with children as young as three years of age.

My qualifications include;

  • Master of Education
  • Graduate Diploma of Education (Early Childhood Education)
  • Bachelor of Arts (Psychology)
  • Bachelor of Education (Teaching)
  • Diploma of Professional Counselling
  • Certificate in Adult and Tertiary Teaching
  • Graduate Certificate in Therapeutic Play Skills

I am a person centred counsellor who works with individuals across a range of issues or challenges.  Most clients present with issues associated with anxiety and depression and I draw upon a range of strategies to support clients such as cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT), solutions focused therapy and mindfulness.  I work to help clients to make sense of their experiences and to develop the courage to look within themselves for the answers that they seek.  I view all clients as being the experts of themselves, and the one who is most able to bring around change.  When working with clients I take a holistic approach, meaning that all aspects of the individual are discussed and supported.  I offer face to face sessions and online sessions.

Please contact me for further information or to explore how I may be of help to you or a member of your family.

Contact a clinician